St James Software is a privately owned company situated in the Isle of Man in the British Isles. It has a subsidiary in the United States and its centre for development and engineering is situated in Cape Town, South Africa.
St James Software serves customers on all six continents. Its partners comprise global players and niche consulting and engineering companies situated in Australia, Japan, Singapore, Europe, USA, the Middle East and South America.
The St James Software team comprises qualified, experienced engineers and programmers committed to the development of hardened industrial applications.
The technical and strategic leadership of the company has been involved in the process control and knowledge management industry since 1975. Early products were developed in 1985 and are still currently in use.
In 1999 St James Software structured its product and development philosophy to be operations-centric. While remaining aware of and continuously familiar with the technical advances of instrumentation, SCADA, DCS, Historians, communication & IT protocols, St James Software attempted to understand and represent the real needs of the operations staff at its clients’ facilities.
Since then, St James Software has installed more than 700 applications in over 27 countries with in excess of 5,000 trained users.
A Fierce Industrial Emphasis
St James Software is 100% dedicated to the industrial operations field and prioritizes helping companies to optimise efficiency and coordination and excel in health, safety, environmental, quality and regulatory compliance.
While its products are readily deployable in almost every industrial setting, St James Software specialises in Oil and Gas, Power, Utilities and Parastatals. Of these, its primary focus is the Oil and Gas industry with special emphasis on refineries, upstream and LNG.
First and Foremost a Product Company
St James’ signature products are found in j5, a suite of operations management applications that have been designed for operators, operations managers and HSE managers working in its niche markets. j5 offers a broad range of its own applications and integrates seamlessly with other systems to address their requirements both efficiently and economically.
j5 is unique, to the best of St James’ knowledge and belief, in its ability to integrate the diverse systems required for the smooth operation of industrial plants onto a single user-interface. As a result, St James Software has dubbed the j5 suite, the “only complete operations management solution”.
St James Software
- is operations-centric in its approach, understanding the operation team’s needs.
- has specification and analysis teams with a good mix of operations, technical and business management experience.
- understands what information is required to assist operations and general and senior management to make good strategic decisions.
- employs qualified staff – its development team has advanced degrees in engineering, computer science and mathematics.
- undertakes in-depth business and user requirement analysis during the specification stage and guides the client through any change processes.
- recommends (guides, assists, suggests) and deploys industry-standard best-practice solutions.
- delivers a user-configurable product.
- provides documentation that is advanced and intuitive and assists in deployment, startup, training and ongoing support.
- has developed internet-based support techniques to an advanced level, for all phases of a project, including training and ongoing support.
- is highly system-quality-conscious, with many levels of testing and quality assurance.
- has trained staff who are aware of quality, safety and customer-support requirements at all phases of a project.
- Is cost effective.